Search

Community

Here you will find forums and other resources to enable you to connect with others in the school nutrition profession. 

If there is a forum you would like to see here, we welcome your feedback. Please email webmaster@schoolnutrition.org with your suggestions.

RSS Feed Print
Declining local, state and national membership
Bonnie Heard
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 12:08 PM

Hello, my name is Bonnie Heard and I am the current president of Wywanna Chapter #29 of SNAPa (School Nutrition Association of Pennsylvania).  I am writing to get some much needed feedback on the declining membership we are facing.  Our chapter use to have over 100 members, and as of current I believe we are around 30--most being Life members.

My question, have other chapters faced this same problem, and what have you done to try and turn around the decline?  We have nine different school districts represented in our chapter.  Currently only two FSD/Managers are members of both the state and national level.  All others have either let their membership lapse and decided not to renew, or as they took over as FSD when one retired, they never joined.

Also how do you get members to step up and take an office.  The current members have been in their respective office for the past 4 plus years.

Thank you in advance for your time, and any suggestions or help you may send my way. 

Average 0 out of 5

Contact Us Advertise on SNA Site Map Media Center Privacy Policy

© 2000 - 2014 School Nutrition Association, All Rights Reserved