School nutrition professionals have a direct impact on the health and well-being of children today. Not only do they have the opportunity to influence child nutrition daily through meal service, but they also have the opportunity to foster healthy eating habits that last a lifetime. This is a career path to help create a healthier generation and make a difference in the lives of children. Additional benefits to a career in school nutrition include competitive salaries, opportunities to advance professionally, and a convenient work schedule.
Former interns and Director of Café Services with Dora Rivas (pictured second from the left),
Executive Director of Dallas ISD Food and Child Nutrition Services
CAREER INFORMATION AND TESTIMONIALS
- School foodservice and nutrition is a great career for students in the following majors: hospitality management, culinary management, and nutrition and dietetics.
- Hear it from the professionals! Current school nutrition operators share testimonials the many rewards of a career in school nutrition.
- Job Descriptions and Qualifications
LEARN MORE ABOUT SCHOOL NUTRITION...
- Student Membership in SNA
Benefits to becoming a student member of the SNA include: a subscription to the SNA’s award winning magazine, School Nutrition; access to current research; networking opportunities with current program operators; member-only SNA discounts; and the opportunity to learn from others within the field.
- Attend the SNA’s Annual National Conference
- Looking for a job in School Nutrition? Visit SNA’s Career Center
LOOKING TO ENROLL IN A NUTRITION/DIETETIC PROGRAM?