The Louise Sublette Award of Excellence is considered the highest honor a school nutrition manger can earn. This award is open to School Nutrition Manager and Child Care Manager Category SNA members with a current membership, who are SNA certified, and who have taken a special idea, developed it into a goal and used that goal to help the school nutrition’s program grow.
2013 national winner Beth Freeman (right) being recognized at ANC.
The award must be submitted by the individual applicant (single person). The award cannot be submitted by the applicant’s peer or supervisor.
The applicant must be throughout the entire application and selection process:
- an SNA national member in the School Nutrition Manager or Child Care Manager membership category
- SNA Certified
- Employed in a child nutrition program as a Foodservice/Nutrition Manager/Head Cook/Assistant Manager/Child Care Manager
State, regional, and national level winners may enter again.
To be considered for the Louise Sublette Award of Excellence, you must submit:
- Project completion must have occurred no more than 11 months prior to being submitted.
- To submit your application for the March deadline, the specified project has to be completed between May 1 through April 30. For example, a project completed in April 2013 must be submitted no later than March 1, 2014.
- No project can take two years to complete. Entries with projects over two years will be disqualified.
- The description of the accomplishments must state the year the events took place. For example, if the goal was to train personnel over two years, the entry should describe the training for the first year and the second year. The project would be submitted the second year.
- The same project cannot be resubmitted.
State, regional and national winners are recognized at SNA's Annual National Conference (ANC). State winners receive a plaque. Regional winners receive a plaque, $100 and a complimentary registration for the current year's ANC. The national winner is announced at ANC and awarded a plaque and an all-expense paid trip to the following year's ANC.
For complete guidelines and instructions to apply for this award, click here.
For complete guidelines and instructions for judging this award, click here.