The School Nutrition Foundation (SNF), in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Division, hosted a webinar on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 entitled: "Best Practices in Menu Planning: New Menu Meal Pattern Flexibilities."
The focus of the webinar was to ensure that participants have a common understanding of meal pattern flexibilities and best practices for overcoming common challenges.
Hear from the USDA and a panel of child nutrition directors from SNA on ways to successfully implement the new meal pattern on all levels.
The same materials that were covered during the live event are available on demand and as quick references.
Links to USDA Policy Memos Referenced in Webinar
- FNS Guidance to School Food Authorities: Flexibility in the Meat/Meat Alternate and Grain Maximums for School Year 2012-2013: SP11-2013
- Questions & Answers on the Final Rule, “Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs”: SP 10-2012
- Residential Child Care Institutions Exception for Safety if Serving Multiple Age/Grade Groups: SP 38-2012
- Smoothies Offered in Child Nutrition Programs: SP 36-2012
- Salad Bars in the National School Lunch Program: SP 02-2011
- Corn Masa (Dough) for Use in Tortilla Chips, Taco Shells, and Tamales: SP 02-2013