Annual National Conference (ANC) 2013
The School Nutrition Event of the Year
Kansas City, Missouri | July 14-17, 2013
THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS IS NOW CLOSED.
SNA's Annual National Conference (ANC) offers an unparalleled educational opportunity for school foodservice and industry professionals. It is the premier opportunity to learn and to find answers to the unique challenges and needs attendees encounter each day in the workplace. To ensure a high quality of presentations, a volunteer committee of school nutrition professionals including industry support, help develop and identify timely topics and expert presenters.
To ensure that the conference program content is timely, relevant and targets the attendees' needs, the committee reviews and rates all proposals. The committee may supplement programming by inviting speakers to address specific topics as identified.
SNA will only accept Call for Proposals meeting the following formats for ANC:
- Education Sessions: 60-minute traditional, lecture-type conference education sessions on a specific topic that are presented and discussed, which:
- Take place on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Are assigned a SNA presider to introduce the speaker(s).
- Include a brief question and answer period after the presentation.
- Are limited to 2 speakers/panelists.
- 4-Hour or 8-Hour Pre-Conference Sessions: These sessions are designed as interactive, highly collaborative training programs, which:
- Take place on Saturday.
- Attendees expect to actively participate in group exercises with hands-on learning experiences.
- Are limited to 3 speakers/panelists.
- NOTE: Commercials/proprietary information for particular products, services, vendors, promotion of an exhibit booth, and food samples/food tastings ARE NOT PERMITTED in the Call for Proposal, the PowerPoint presentation and during the pre-conference and education sessions at ANC.
- For PowerPoint presentations, company logos are only allowed on the opening and final slides.
- Any use of proprietary information should have an educational value and be provided free of charge.
- Presenters must be available any day on which SNA assigns the session.
- Presenters do not need to be SNA members; however, if a proposal is accepted ALL presenters must register as conference attendees. Presenters will be given complimentary registration only for the day of their presentation. This complimentary registration is non- transferrable.
- SNA does not pay ANY honoraria, speaker fees, or travel expenses to session speakers.
- Proposals must be submitted online by 12:00 midnight Eastern Time on September 30, 2012 to be considered.
- The individual submitting the proposal is considered the primary contact.
- The primary contact must provide contact information for ALL presenters, including name, address, phone number and email address.
- Presenters understand that SNA does not provide hard copy handouts to attendees.
- All presenters must complete, sign and return to SNA the Signed Speaker Agreement Form, Signed Publication/Copyright Release Form, AV Request Form and Presentation per SNA guidelines.
- If your proposal is selected, SNA reserves the right to revise presentation titles, reassign the Key Area and/or edit the program summary for promotional and program materials.
- SNA may capture (audio/video) selected sessions at which time speakers will be asked to complete a release form.
- The primary contact will be notified of the committee's decision by January 15, 2013.
- Please review SNA's Speaker Agreement
|July 15, 2012||ANC 2013 Online Call for Proposals Open|
|September 30, 2012 ||ANC 2013 Online Call for Proposals Closes at 12:00 midnight Eastern Time|
|January 15, 2013||Proposal submitters notified of program status: accepted or declined|
|April 15, 2013||All completed and signed Speaker Forms are Due.|
|May 15, 2013||Session PowerPoint Presentation Due (Commercials/ proprietary information for particular products, services or vendors ARE NOT PERMITTED in the presentation. Company logos are only allowed on the opening and final slides.)|
|July 14-17, 2013||SNA's 2013 Annual National Conference (ANC) Kansas City, MO|
CALL FOR PROPOSAL CONTENT
- Proposals should focus on one of the key areas as defined by SNA's Keys to Excellence in School Food and Nutrition Programs:
- Communications and Marketing
- One third of the sessions selected will be programs focusing on issues and challenges of importance to employee/managers. Two thirds of the sessions selected will be programs focusing on issues and challenges of importance to director/supervisors, industry and state agency.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
The committee will evaluate and rate your proposal based on meeting all of the following criteria:
- Accurate, Timely and Relevant Content
- Engaging and appropriate title
- Accurate and up-to-date information
- Relevant to school nutrition
- NO Product/Vendor Commercials
- Commercials/proprietary information for particular products, services, vendors, promotion of an exhibit booth, and food samples/food tastings ARE NOT PERMITTED in the Call for Proposal, the PowerPoint presentation and during the pre-conference and education sessions at ANC.
- If commercial content/food samples/promotion of an exhibit booth is included, your proposal will not be accepted for SNA's ANC educational programming.
- For PowerPoint presentations, company logos are only allowed on the opening and final presentation slides.
- Concise Learning Objectives
- Descriptive learning objectives that address how participants will benefit from the session
- Objectives should be action statements, defined in terms of knowledge, skills or attitudes participants will learn attending the session
- Complete Proposal
- All required fields on the proposal are complete and accurate
- Overall Evaluation Rating