Yes, it’s true! This year, SNA once again will be bringing you the latest updates and insider insights about this summer’s Annual National Conference (ANC) via a conference blog. Just like last year, this blog is the place to get a sneak peek of all the conference excitement that awaits you in Dallas. Of course, one of the best things about the “ANC in the Big D” blog is that the discussion can get started before the meeting even begins! So be sure to drop in, add your comments and return frequently to see new posts and make new comments.
Let’s get this blog—and the countdown to ANC 2010—kicked off on the right foot with a top 10 list of reasons why you can’t afford to miss the school nutrition event of the year. May this list help you make a strong case to your supervisor about the importance of attending ANC.
10. ANC is the only conference focused on you. Every education session, speaker and exhibit is designed to provide you with the information you need to benefit your career, your program and your students.
9. With four days of learning (even more if you attend pre-conference courses), four key topics areas (administration, communications/marketing, nutrition and operations) and 90 education sessions from which to choose, you will take away loads of big ideas and information you can immediately apply in the workplace.
8. Stay ahead of the curve by gaining access to information you won't get anywhere else. Education sessions highlights include “How to Put the WOW in Your Serving Line,” “Boot Scootin’ for Wellness,” “Driving Down Costs in a Challenging Economy” and “Big Ideas for Farm to School,” just to name a few. To learn more about this year’s education sessions, click here.
7. If you think you have no time for professional development…think again! You will earn 23 continuing education units (CEUs) toward certification renewal by attending this year’s conference. Also, this year SNA is offering attendees the opportunity to take their career to the next level by becoming Level 1 certified during the conference. To learn more about this convenient way to meet Level 1 requirements, click here.
6. Discover that everything really is bigger in Texas—including the ANC Exhibit Hall, the nation’s largest exposition of products, services and equipment available to the school nutrition market. Featuring more than 300 companies, you will be able to collect information and talk one-on-one with industry representatives to get answers to your questions so that you can make better purchasing decisions.
5. Connect and reconnect. At ANC, you will spend four days with 3,000+ school nutrition professionals, allowing you to make new friends and renew old acquaintances.
4. Share common goals, achievements and concerns with like-minded colleagues at the annual SNA membership section meetings. This occasion to mix with peers at your position level will allow you to build a personal network of peers you can call on for ideas all year long.
3. Be inspired. The line up of keynote speakers will motivate you to seize the opportunities of a new school year.
2. Knowledge, knowledge, knowledge! You will impress your boss and you entire your team when you return with best practice solutions and strategies that improve your program’s productivity and profitability.
1. And finally (drum roll, please)…see for yourself why, year after year, school nutrition professionals like you never miss ANC! Come learn, grow and be inspired!
© 2000 - 2014 School Nutrition Association, All Rights Reserved