The ANC blog is back! SNA once again will be bringing you the latest updates and insider insights about this summer’s Annual National Conference (ANC) via a conference blog. The “Connect in Nashville” blog is the place to get a sneak peek of all the conference excitement, as well as a hub for getting the discussion going before the conference even begins! So be sure to drop in, add your comments and return frequently to see new posts and make new comments.
And so, without further ado, let’s get this blog—and the countdown to ANC 2011—going with the top eight reasons why you absolutely must hop a plane, travel by car or do whatever you have to do to come CONNECT at ANC:
1. Sharpen Your Mind: ANC is a four-day learning experience tailored to your needs. Whether you’re looking to develop new skills or enhance your existing knowledge, ANC has been designed so you can create a customized schedule that fits your own educational needs. With 90+ education sessions, you can pick and choose, mix and match the right ones for YOU.
2. Advance Your Career: With everything you’ve got going on, you may be thinking you can’t afford a few days out of the office… but you can! You don’t want to kick yourself years down the road for not investing in your career sooner! The time is NOW! Stay ahead of the curve by gaining access to information you won’t get anywhere else. Plus, you’ll earn while you learn. Attendees will earn 25 continuing education units (CEUs) toward SNA Certification or SNA Credential renewal by attending ANC. You can also become Level 1 certified during the conference. To learn more, click here.
3. Grow Your Network: You can’t afford NOT to tap into the power of networking. The time to network is not when you’re seeking guidance, it’s NOW. At ANC, you have the opportunity to interact with peers who are in the trenches with you, going through many of the same challenges you face. Tap into their expertise to enhance your productivity. Many say that the opportunity to make professional connections at ANC is their top reason for attending.
4. Boost Your Business: With more than 300 booths to visit, you will have a unique opportunity to view, taste and touch the products and services designed to improve the success of your operation. Industry reps will be eager to meet you, discuss your requirements and demonstrate supplies and equipment that can provide you with solutions to your needs!
5. Inspire for Excellence: Richard Simmons, Susan O’Malley, Christopher Gardner and Robin Roberts… ANC has had its share of amazing, inspiring and memorable keynote speakers over the years, and this summer will be no different. After this year’s general sessions, you’ll feel ready to take on the world… and the challenges and opportunities of a new school year.
6: Enrich and Enlighten: Impress your boss and colleagues. When you return to your school or district you’ll be able to host an information-sharing session to pass along all your new-found information and tools.
7: Discover and Experience: The conference is taking place in the one and only Music City and this year’s Final Event performer is… wait for it… ALAN JACKSON! Enough said!
8: Celebrate Your Passion: Finally, and most important, you will CELEBRATE—in an environment of camaraderie and fun—your passion and commitment to feeding our nation’s children. ANC Nashville is your opportunity to take the lead in the school nutrition profession and collaborate on the future of school meals. Seize it!
Of course, the reasons for attending could go on and on… but no matter how you slice it, ANC is your best opportunity to get connected to the skills, strategies and solutions you need to energize your program, entice your students and enhance your career.
To get the ultimate conference value for you and your team, register by April 15th and combine the early-bird registration fees with the savings SNA members receive when more than one person in the same membership category registers from their school district. To learn more about these special savings, click here.
Okay, let’s hear it, what’s your #1 reason for attending ANC?
© 2000 - 2013 School Nutrition Association, All Rights Reserved